Its the season of mega festivals, we have the dushera today and Diwali lined up, which again is a bunch of festivals ;). Seasons from me are like check posts on a long journey called life, There is no destination. Every season kind of just reminds me about the last year, and I start thinking about what things were like one year back.. and What things are right now ? Its actually one way to measure my success/ numbers.. Its a sudden realization of 52 weeks gone. If I start counting the positives and the negatives in these 52 weeks, I have never been very satisfied with my performance. Performance for me is not just achievement, and of course not the numbers.. numbers here are package! balance ! savings !
A lot more than that.. coz these are the things we need not worry at the moment. I believe numbers come into play after we have attained a certain level of success or life standard. An example would be Ratan Tata. There is nothing that man can't do, He has all that he could wish. And there is no wish he could not fulfill. At that stage, how would he compete with the rest of the world ? What keeps him going ? I am not sure about that but I think its at that point when numbers come into play.
Anyways, coming to the point that's my look out towards festivals. Its like sub consciously analyzing the year that's gone.. and subconsciously setting up new targets until next Diwali, or next dusshera... I am a strong believer in god.
I remember the good old days.. when we used to get so exited about going home in diwali vacations. I don't remember me waiting for the next day after the exams finished, we used to take off the same day.. In fact the last paper was always fucked.. Geography! coz we used to do all the packing the day before and the excitement used to be at threshold! We used to make sure we carry minimum luggage, we never used to have much.. every thing used to fit in the school sack. a pair of shirts and pair of trousers ( bought on previous Diwali or summer ) I had my own reason for not buying much clothes when I was in school, My height. But even if that was not the case, the scenario wouldn't have changed much.
All we used to think about was that one month! full on planning.. And today looking forward to a month is like looking forward to day then. We used to have the exact amount that was required for the bus fare then. Not 5 rupees extra.. ha ha ha ( got us in trouble a hell lot of times ;) )
I can remember at least 10 shop keepers with whom I had a good rapo, where in I could ask for udhar ! and also money when needed. The bhajiwali aaji... she was the most easy one to ask money for, she used to have so much in her bag.. I decided then ke I will sell bhaji in a AC van, of course plans were only for college road ;)
So it was those Diwali's and it's this Diwali.. Not that I am not exited any more about the festivals, but its not the same. no way..
tab kaha pata the etne duniya daari
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment