There are people around me falling in both these categories and either one is right / wrong in his/ her place. I don't stand my own opinion here, but I take it in a slightly different way which might just be the right thing to do for me.
Now, Do I really love my job ? Do I really Like what I do or other wise ? There is actually a third possibility that comes into play here and that is - whether I am really good at what I am doing ? And that's really what matters here. There is quite a possibility that you are not good at what you really like. For instance I really like fast bowling.. Doesn't mean I will end up a better pacer than a programmer ? By the way the later is what I am right now.. one of the millions of happy coders!
Point being, I know people who will say.. oh you know what ? I love teaching! or I love sky diving.. Come on! Is that it ? I mean is that all that matters ? There could be people who are content and happy with what they have got. But I don't that really works in the real world/
Like everyone believes - Success is about falling in the right place at the right time! - now that's almost like a universal truth.
Agreed - If your career overlaps with your likes, you do a great job. But then only if your liking overlaps with something that you are good at. If it doesn't you got to give shots at things you could do better than what you are doing instead of just ignoring the fact and accepting the fact that you are so LUCKY! you are doing what you like..
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment